The plunger, which is also called a French press or a cafetière, is a glass cylinder with a plunger filter in the lid, used to prepare American coffee.
Hot water and ground coffee are added to the cylinder, and the plunger is then pressed down after a few minutes.
The secrets for preparing coffee with a plunger are:
1) Pre-heat your cups and the cafetière with boiling water.
2) Fill the plunger with water that is very hot but not boiling, as otherwise this could ruin the flavour of the coffee.
3) Use one spoonful of ground coffee for each person/cup.
4) Replace the lid (plunger) and allow to stand for about three minutes.
5) Use the plunger slowly, without pressing excessively.
MEDIUM/COARSE GROUND BLENDS ARE IDEAL FOR COFFEE PREPARATION USING A PLUNGER.